Company: Payday Payroll (1337073)
30-Day Job Posting
Premium Featured Job Package
ApartmentCareers Social Media Package
Title: Director of Construction Mixed Use
Job ID: 18365243
Founded in 2003, Presidium is a Texas-based real estate developer, owner, and operator with a 17-year operating history and an existing real estate portfolio totaling approximately $2 billion AUM.
We represent a spectrum of disciplines including acquisitions, development, property management, asset management, construction, law, finance, accounting, special servicing, and public-private partnerships. Presidium is committed to providing best-in-class housing for individuals of all income levels and creating great spaces that enhance people’s lives.
This position will be in the exciting new Mixed-use and Master planned Development Division working on three new exciting large-scale projects in the Austin area.
We are looking for a Director of Construction Developer who will serve as the primary stakeholder and a point of contact for coordinating Construction responsibilities with third party consultants, contractors and vendors and will function as liaison between internal cross functional technical teams.
Compensation is in harmony with this executive level role.
- Provides construction and budgeting input for planning, design and engineering for master planned, mixed-use and commercial projects that follows the life cycle of the project
- Performs cost estimating and/or coordinates third party cost estimating.· Reviews engineering & architectural drawings for constructability, scope-gap and completeness
- Creates, issues, coordinates project consultant & GC RFPs when required.· Reviews and negotiates construction and consultant contracts.· With the Project Developer, drive an efficient and cost-effective process to plan, design and construct project with a keen sense of urgency.·
- Navigate and lead key pre-construction processes for urban development sites, such as franchise utility coordination, clearing and demo permits, temporary easements, and staging and phase planning.
- Oversee construction team(s) in executing infrastructure and commercial projects
- Coordinates project scoping with general contractor and major subs.· Coordinates owner construction and FF&E procurement, as necessary.
- Interviews general contractors and major subcontractors.·
- Key member involved in selecting general contractors and major subs and negotiating GMP contracts.
- Responsible for a creating, managing and repricing a project’s hard cost budget.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting construction costs via collaborative project management software.
- Creates project construction schedules and participates in the creation and management of overall development project schedules
- Creates monthly reporting to the Development Executive Team on construction planning, budgeting and execution
- Performs change order review/creation for scope accuracy, cost accuracy, schedule impact and budget impact.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field.
- 10-year minimum experience in construction project management/ project executive role working with contractors and/or developers on large, retail, office, mixed-use and/or master planned projects, both for horizontal and vertical construction.
- Successfully worked with general contractors, City of Austin inspectors, site contractors, architects, civil engineers, landscape architects, parking structure consultants, dry utilities consultants, public utility providers is a plus.
- Familiarity with Public Private Partnerships and the process of management, reporting, reimbursements, draws, and general administration associated with TIF/TIRZ/PID/Grant or other forms of public private funds.
- Strong experience in constructing substantial infrastructure projects including roads, utilities and storm water management.
- Able to work with CAD and BIM files to review and notate desired changes. · Flexible and able to work with a lot of uncertainty and ambiguity but adaptable enough to create order in a project.
- Highly collaborative and communicative with good verbal and written skills.
- Self-starter with a keen sense of urgency, great organization and a can-do attitude
- Able to dream big and to work with those who think unconventionally to create new or updated real estate product types.
- Able to take large ambitious projects and break them down into digestible components to successfully execute a vision.