By Becca Ramati, TAAEF Vice President
Dec. 8, 2020
As part of the Room to Grow campaign, the Texas Apartment Association Education Foundation is again launching the “Be the Next Room to Grow Ambassador” video challenge—this time for maintenance professionals only!
- The “Be the Next Room to Grow Ambassador” initiative is an internal video challenge for industry employees in maintenance positions to tell us their stories and to be an Ambassador for the industry.
- Submissions will be accepted beginning on January 4 and the process is easy—simply record a short video of yourself telling us who you are, what you do and what you love about your job.
- Encourage your friends and maintenance staff to submit a video, too—one of you just might be our next ambassador!
By popular demand, the Texas Apartment Association Education Foundation is excited to bring back the “Be the Next Room to Grow Ambassador” video challenge, part of the Room to Grow campaign.
This year the campaign is focusing on maintenance professionals, the often-unsung heroes of the multifamily industry who keep properties in working order and safe. Not only do they keep things running smoothly, they also help our residents feel at home.
Maintenance is the #1 need when it comes to recruiting and staffing for multifamily properties. TAAEF hopes this focus on maintenance provides more stories to share that resonate with Texans looking for not just a job but a career.
To participate in this year’s “Be the Next Room to Grow Ambassador” video challenge, submit your video between January 4 and before midnight on January 26.
How the “Be the Next Room to Grow Ambassador” video challenge works
- Watch TAA and TAAEF social media and your email for more information later this month.
- Record a short video highlighting your work as a maintenance professional.
- Submit your video starting January 4. The deadline for submissions is January 26, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Central. (You’ll submit your video by uploading it here.)
- A committee of industry leaders will select three-to-five finalists.
- Each finalist will be notified. Finalist are encouraged to share information with family, friends and colleagues who can cast votes in the finalist round.
- The public is invited to vote for their favorite finalist video between February 3-11, 2021.
- The winner of the public voting is selected as the next Room to Grow Ambassador. The winner will be announced February 15.
The winner of the challenge will be featured in a professionally produced video and receive high-quality photographs. This video will debut at the TAA ONE Conference & Expo and the winner will receive a free registration and hotel stay during the conference. The new Ambassador will also be featured in Texas Apartments magazine, TAA Viewpoints newsletter and throughout TAAEF and TAA’s social media channels.
Please share this article and opportunity with any colleagues you think would be a good fit and encourage them to participate—we’d love to hear their story.
It is TAAEF’s hope that “Be the Next Room to Grow Ambassador” empowers you to share your story to help raise awareness about the diverse, quality career opportunities in the Texas apartment industry.
For any questions, please reach out to TAAEF staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.